Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lemon Poppyseed Cupcakes




My sister-in-law has asked me to make 36 GF lemon poppyseed cupcakes for her wedding and I did a trial run this weekend. I've made the cake many times, and the cupcakes once before, but I think these are the best EVER. Here's the basic recipe-

http://creatingalusciouslife.blogspot.com/2011/12/lemon-poppyseed-cake.html

I baked them in Texas size cupcake pans for about 25 minutes, cooled, filled with raspberry filling and then topped with white chocolate cream cheese frosting. I then decorated them three ways- sprinkled with poppyseeds, lemon zest, or plain. I love the frosting tip I used- it makes it almost look like ribbons on top!

They were perfect- moist, buttery and crispy around the edges, soft in the middle, and the frosting was the bomb diggity. Now, I may be hit or miss in the kitchen when it comes to cooking (err, just ask my husband) but I make a mean cupcake and I'd put this one up against any non-gluten-free version out there. Try the recipe- you'll love these!

No comments:

Post a Comment