Here it is, my go-to recipe for leftover salmon. Actually, the time before last when we made salmon we just made this right away instead of waiting for leftovers. It is seriously so good, and light and tasty! I don't have a picture but I'll try to add one in future.
-Leftover or freshly grilled Wild salmon (my preference), you could cook bake it or poach it as well- when we cook it we just use olive oil and season with salt & black pepper
-Light sour cream
-1 lemon
-salt & pepper
-avocado
-GF buns or bread
-greens of choice- I like baby arugula the best
-tomato, sliced
-Wait until the salmon is semi-cooled from cooking, or pull out your already cool salmon from fridge. Flake it into a large bowl. Now here is a situation where it really depends on the amount of salmon you have- last time we made this we had a huge salmon fillet (I think that's what you call it) but sometimes we have a lot less. You will have to add the sour cream a little at a time to get a good consistency. Think tuna salad. But this is salmon. And no mayo. To that add a squeeze of lemon juice, and some fresh zest if you wish. Dump in a fair amount of capers, no juice. They will add a salty taste so you can always add more. Season with extra salt if needed, and black pepper.
-In a separate bowl mash up the amount of avocado you want- I generally will use half an avocado per serving. And using a fork, blend it up until soft. You can also season that as well if you wish.
-You can grill or toast your buns or bread, or leave them soft. Spread one side with the mashed avocado. And I just thought if you wanted you could add some soft cream cheese to the other side- that would be delicious and I'm definitely going to try that next time! Pile on the salmon salad, top with greens and tomato slices. More pepper if you'd like.
This is so good that last time we made this I ate 2 sandwiches for dinner, and 2 for lunch the next day. Granted, GF bread (the kind I buy- Udi's) is super tiny so I don't feel guilty about that, but it was delicious and I couldn't get enough.
Enjoy!
Sunday, April 7, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment